Current Practice & FAQs
Need to join a meeting last second?
- Use app.torch.io/meet
- If you can’t sign in to Torch:
- ask your coach to send to you the Zoom link to this specific session
Scheduling sessions with your coach
- You can schedule new sessions with your coach using the button on your sessions page:
- This allows you to pick a time with your coach that is available for them:
Joining a Session
- You can join sessions through the link: app.torch.io/meet, or “Join” button within the app.
- If there is a meeting coming up soon (15min), the button will be active and lead to the correct Zoom meeting.
- This link is present in many places, including the calendar event (in your personal calendar), and reminder emails.
- The “Join” button is always visible in the header section of the app.
- You must be signed in to the Torch web application & have Zoom installed for the link to correctly launch the Zoom meeting. You will be prompted to login to your Torch account if necessary.
- Each session uses a different Zoom link & Zoom meeting ID (behind the scenes).
- Generally, you should not have to worry about these links.
- You do not need to be logged in to Zoom.
- View and manage your sessions via the “sessions” tab on the top of your dashboard:
Rescheduling a Session
- If you need to reschedule, or your coach schedules a session for a time you can’t make, you can use the “Reschedule” button, which first cancels the session, and then allows you to schedule a new session:
- Session calendar events (found in your personal calendar) are managed by Torch.
- The coach and client share the same calendar event (the coach is the owner).
- Once you schedule a session, an event will automatically populate on your AND your coach’s calendar (personal + Torch).
- Invites, notifications, and reminders will come as emails to both client and coach via the Calendar.
- An example invitation:
- Multiple future sessions: These are created one-by-one in the Torch system. They will all be reflected in the Torch calendar and client & coach personal calendars
Changes to sessions
- Changes to events in an individual’s calendar (client or coach) will be reflected in the Torch system.
- You can decline a session using your calendar. but this will not give you a prompt to reschedule.
- Recurring session scheduling will allow you and your coach to set up a standing meeting time, or sessions that repeat a number of times.
- Currently only your Coach is able to schedule a recurring session series. Work with your Coach if you would like to setup a recurring session.
How can I join sessions?
- Found in calendar events & reminder emails
- The “Join” button in the header of the dashboard
Do changes in google calendar sync to Torch?
Yes. If you decline the session in your personal calendar or via email, it will also sync back to Torch.
Do I need to be logged in to the Torch app to join sessions?
Yes. If you are not logged in to Torch, you will be prompted to sign in:
Do I need to be logged in to a Zoom account to join sessions?
No. Clients do not need to be logged in to a Zoom account.